Buildroot is a simple, efficient and easy-to-use tool to generate embedded Linux systems through cross-compilation.
This wiki page describes the build of complete minimal SD card image, that
includes U-Boot, kernel, and filesystem ready to boot.
1. Download and extract the source of Buildroot version 2018.11:
tar xf buildroot-2018.11.tar.bz2
2. Configure and build the SD card image:
At the end of the build, the SD card image file is at
1. Write the image that Buildroot generated to your SD card with the following command as root:
dd if=output/images/sdcard.img of=/dev/sdX bs=1M conv=fdatasync
/dev/sdX must match the device node of the SD card on your PC host.
2. Set the Clearfog board DIP switches to boot from SD. See the ClearFog A388 Boot Select article for details.
3. Insert your SD card to the SD card slot, and power up the board.
Customization and Package Selection
To install other software packages and customize the filesystem image, use the Buildroot configuration menu, and build again:
make clean all